Never Too Late To Learn

 







#1 ‘i Really Wish I Had An Accent’

'i Really Wish I Had An Accent'

So the other day I was on a conversation with an American, and she looked me in the eyes and goes, ‘man, I really wish I had an accent. I just speak normally.’ Which I was like, ‘ma’am, you do realize that the USA is not a main character, right?’ You do have an accent to absolutely everyone who is not American.

 

#2 School At 7.30 Am

School At 7.30 Am

You’ll start school at 7:30 in the morning. Are teenagers functioning at 7:30 in the morning, because where I’m from, we start school at 9 AM every day. That means that you have to get up at like, 6 AM something. I wasn’t getting out of bed until like 7:30 AM. Who decided that teenagers work best at 7:30 AM?

#3 It’s Really Expensive To Have A Baby In The USA

It's Really Expensive To Have A Baby In The USA

It cost about $50,000 to birth the baby. These children are putting you in debt. In New Zealand hospitals are completely free. So you could be in there for like four months afterwards and you wouldn’t have to pay a thing. We do pay taxes to obviously cover that.

#4 The Price That Is Displayed Is Not The Final Price

The Price That Is Displayed Is Not The Final Price

Like today I went and bought a dress and the price tag that I saw on it when I actually went to go check out, it was like $10 more, because they add tax on after. And then when you’re in restaurants and stuff, it’s the taxes added and the tipping is added so like nothing is the normal price. Like if that happened to me in New Zealand and I went to pay for something and it was like more than what the price tag was, I’d be like, ‘I’m sorry, what?’

#5 American Portion Sizes

American Portion Sizes

So I’m on week two here and I discovered very early on that a lot of your portion sizes, like, the large is a very large. I’m not used to it where I’m from. So, I was like, was this so big? So tonight, right? I was like okay, I’m going to get a small. This is what I got tonight. Please, is someone pranking me? This is the size of my palm. This is my noodle box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HokBen di Kota Batam

Kampung Nelayan Buffet Ramadhan

Mahkamah Agung Republik Indonesia